There are probably no facilities without some type of drips, leaks, or spills. Anywhere liquids are manufactured, refined, transported, stored, or used, the possibility exists that a piece of machinery or equipment has fluid leaking from Service Industry Synonym it. In addition to the environmental concerns that are created with these leaks and spills, these kinds of fluids can create hazardous working conditions for employees unless they are cleaned up with the right type of absorbents.
Experience has shown that leaks, drips, and spills can be grouped into some common categories or work areas across a variety of different companies and workplaces. Below is a list of fluids that are used in many different settings and some suggestions as to the type of absorbents that can be used to address the leaking fluids that need attention.
Lubricants: most working equipment uses lubricants and will eventually leak. Some machines have drip pans, but even those can overflow or spill while being emptied. Placing absorbent mats or absorbent rolls near the base of this equipment can help pick up those fluids that leak. A good suggestion is an oil absorbent pad or mat.
Hydraulic fluids: any equipment operated hydraulically can leak. Pumps, seals, valves, and hoses eventually wear out or break. Result: a messy, unsafe area around the equipment. Depending on the equipment setup, absorbent socks can be neatly fitted around the equipment to help absorb leaking hydraulic fluid.
Cutting or cooling fluids: used extensively in machine shops to reduce friction and heat and prevent metal welds from heat and pressure. Because they are constantly supplied to open, moving surfaces, these fluids eventually drip off.
Solvents and degreasers: regular plant maintenance uses solvents and degreasers in large quantities to clean and degrease things. They are sometimes sprayed on hard-to-reach areas; and, wherever they are sprayed, they run off. Airlaid absorbents are manufactured to be flexible which makes them suitable for wiping down equipment and reaching cracks or crevices. These absorbents will pick up a variety of fluids.
Food-grade oils: the food industry uses vegetable oils, fats, and greases in production processes; they also are a food-processing byproduct. Food-grade oils are used as lubricants for production-line food processing, cutting, and packaging equipment. Cooking oils and greases routinely get splashed on floors in kitchens. Absorbent rolls and mats can be placed on the floor even in areas of higher traffic to help with employee safety.
Fuel oils: anywhere fuel oils are processed, stored, transported, used, or dispensed, spills can happen. Refineries, storage terminals, tanker trucks, barges, etc., are candidates for this type of spill. In addition to keeping a supply of spill response kits and other Manufacturing Engineer Salary Boeing absorbents on hand, specialty absorbents are available that wrap around a hose being used to pump fluid. These types of absorbents can be helpful in settings where fuel oil is handled and can help ensure that nothing leaks from the hoses that are being moved around.

By master