With the cost of food being what it is today, you may be asking yourself if buying organic is really worth the price. Will it be that much better for you? You have, after all, made it this far without it. My hope is that after you read this article you will change your mind forever.
As your eyes take you on a journey through this informative article, you will begin to realise just how much has been missing (or added!) in your day to day diet. The difference in farming practices alone is enough to set organic food into a league of its own. Let me give you a run-down of three major points:
1. Organic food uses no chemically synthesized fertilizers, pesticides or insecticides; industrial farming uses all three.
2. Organic food has no growth hormones or antibiotics and is not genetically modified; once again, industrial farming usually has all three.
3. Organic farming practices, by their very nature enrich the soil and improve the health of our planet; industrial farming practices rape the soil of its nutrients.
Once you relate these three points to your own health, I am sure you will begin to agree that the ramifications and consequences are apparent to your health. Shall I take you deeper?
Chemicals and Your Body
Do you remember the scare that was put into the public about DDT (Dichlorodiphenyl-Trichloroacetic Acid)? Evidence suggests it causes abnormalities of liver function, skin and the nervous system. DDT was used on our crops from 1945 to 1972 and is still used today as a deterrent for malaria. Here is a list of some other modern day chemicals used in industrial farming:
1. Alachlor: This herbicide is used for weed control on soybeans, corn and peanuts since 1969. It has been shown to lead How To Find Suppliers For Online Store to eye problems, liver problems, anemia, kidney or spleen problems and a better chance of cancer (Gustafson, 1993).
2. Atrazine: Atrazine is an herbicide they use on corn and have for decades. When ingested it can cause cardiovascular and reproductive problems.
3. Endothall: They have been using this herbicide on spinach, sugar Industry Trends Analysis beets and potatoes. It can lead to stomach and intestinal problems.
4. Lindane: This is an insecticide the use on cattle! Ingesting Lindane can cause liver or kidney problems.
5. Methoxychlor: They use this insecticide for fruits, vegetables and livestock. It can cause reproductive problems.
Keep in mind that this is only 5 of the approximately 70,000 man-made chemicals that are affecting us in our daily lives. If you haven’t been sickened enough, dig a little on The History of Water Filters.
Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)
In order for you to understand the disastrous effects of genetically modified food, you have to dig very deep indeed. Morgellons Disease has been discredited by doctors as being a figment of our imagination, but how can they when there is physical proof? Victims of Morgellons have given us this proof …